Monday, June 4, 2007

Got some help

Not much new to report.

We spent the weekend in Banff at the Dominion Exploration condo. It was so nice and relaxing. I think Brent and I both really needed a break from the renovations.

We have found such a great contractor who is fixing our ceiling. He is mudding right over the existing stipple and then re-stippling. He does everything, so I think we are going to get him to install our hardwood. We were all gung-ho to do it ourselves, but I think we are both running out of steam. While the contractor does the flooring, Brent can install the railing on the new deck, and I can paint baseboards and trim.

After 6 months of anticipation, the company I work for finally got sold. The buyers are Paramount Energy Trust and Baytex Trust. Dominion is officially laying off everyone, so as of the end of the month I am unemployed. The new buyers will be interviewing people over the next week and a half. I'm not too stressed about it. Worst case scenario, I get the summer off and look for a job at the end of Aug. Best case scenario, I get the summer off and start with one of the new companies in the Fall. haha I think that is wishful thinking.

Hmm...I guess I had more to say than I thought!

No comments: