Sunday, June 24, 2007

Please no more painting

Well, I am 90% finished painting. I didn't get the closets done because I hate painting closets. You have to remove everything, and do so many edges, and it's cramped in there. I'll get to them eventually. Brent should be home from his golfing trip soon and I think he will be happy with my hard work this weekend.

We start installing the hardwood tomorrow. Yay. It feels like this has been a long time coming. I'll be sure to photo document it for the blog. I went to another flooring installation seminar on Sat, just for a refresher. They always include a marriage counsellor on the list of tools for when you are installing hardwood. That and tylenol.

On the job front, I am thrilled that I have managed to negotiate the month of July off of work! My last day at Dominion will be Tuesday. Im really sad to see it go. I really liked everyone and the job too! I have signed on to start at Apache on June 30th. I know the geological manager there from my days at ConocoPhillips. So, at least there will be one familliar face.

So, looks like I got my wish, a month off and a job to go to at the end of it all. Life is good :)

No comments: