Sunday, May 27, 2007

A new deck

Friday I went to Banff with 3 of my girlfriends, Dee, Paula and Kristina. We spent the day the spa and then went out for dinner. It was so much fun. I think it will be an annual event.

When I got home on Sat, I discovered that Brent and Jim had started taking apart the old deck and building a new one. Now at least we will have somewhere nice to sit for dinner! They did a great job. Today we will put another coat of stain on, and then all that is left is the railing. (and hopefully the rain holds off until this evening)

The old deck was cut off about 3/4 of the way, to make room for a new brick patio. The original deck was nice and big, but we want to have more yard space.

It's amazing how much work gets done when Brent's dad helps us. THANKS JIM!!!

The ceiling guy came today, and is giving us a quote on Tuesday. It sounds like a nasty job. I'm glad we are hiring it out. He is working on another house in the area, so it's perfect because he can come and mud in the morning, then go work on the other house while it dries.

I couldn't find a before picture. But you can see the deck in this video of our crazy dogs. Check out the wicked astro turf!



Old planks removed:


Chopping off part of the deck:


New planks going in:


Almost done:


First coat of stain (it makes the house look really bad, can't wait to get it painted):

3 comments:

Astrid said...

I can't believe how fast they refinished the deck! I bet you guys have a whole new appreciatiuon for power tools!

Morgan said...

Looks great! I hope we can get a deck in when we move in next summer! Breck is going to have to take some lessons at Home Depot or something!

Anonymous said...

The new deck looks awesome....and so much better than the old one! I can't believe Brent did this so fast. I am very impressed!

Dee