Sunday, May 6, 2007

Gotta love weekends...

Wow, it's amazing how much work can be done in 2 days. It feels like things are going so slowly when we only have the evenings to work on the house. Plus, usually we are pretty tired after a few nights of reno's after our day jobs. It felt really good to have a whole weekend to spend on the house.

I think I made no less than 6 trips to Rona/Home Depot this weekend. They are going to know me by name soon.

Brent has been working on the electrical circuits and potlights in the ceiling. He has installed the elecrical boxes for 2 sconces in the dining room, and has started on the pot lights. He has to climb up into the attic in order to install them all. Now that is a job I couldn't do. I am way too clausterphobic for that. Plus it's so hot and itchy up there!! (the insulation is 1 layer of wood chips, then a layer of regular insulation on top) I really do appreciate the fact that he is doing it all himself. I wish I could help more, but I know I would just get in the way.

Here is Brent in the attic...waaayyyyy in the tight corner. I could barely find him to take the photo! :



The old pot light holes (we are putting in smaller ones):


After emerging from the attic:


The pile of electrial stuff:


My project this weekend was to paint the front door. I must say, it looks pretty darn good!

Before:


After (with the new light, mailbox and house number):




Brent also ripped off the hideous green faux turf that was on our deck and also the wood under it. He found about a thousand nails in the original deck. Brent is away this week in Edmonton for training. At least I have a boobie trap set up for anyone who tries to break in to the sliding doors:

No comments: