Friday, June 6, 2014

Hairless and Toothless

Here's Eli a week shy of his 6th birthday.  He lost his first tooth 2 nights ago and a second bottom one will probably fall out any day now.  He's sportin' a new do thanks to a creative self haircut.  At this age, he totally did it on purpose.  Ah well, summer is around the corner and this hair cut will be low maintenance. Hopefully the lesson was learned, I'm just thankful it wasn't Hana that trimmed the bangs right to the scalp. She wouldn't get away with a buzz cut quite as well. 

It's a little early, but here are 10 things about Eli on his (almost) 6th birthday.
1. He's a homebody.  He would stay home all day every day if he could.
2. Favorite foods: ribs, cheese pizza, and things sugar.
3. Favorite toy: bionacles and board games (like Dad).
4. Favorite sport: Hockey - he played his first year of Timbits this year and it's his favorite sport so far.  He's also done Karate, Hip Hop and Soccer this year. 
5. Favorite Movie: Boyish ones, but he will still watch princesses (he has a sister after all)
6. He's almost finished Kindergarten and is doing really well.  He's starting to read and write.  I'm sure he keeps his teacher laughing with the required daily sentence writing  in class.  One of the latest sheets he brought home he had written "I wish I could see my own butt" as his sentence. 
7. Books:  He's enjoying the Captain Underpants series as well as anything with beasts and adventures
8. He still likes to cuddle and gives me the biggest hugs when I pick him up from school.  I'm enjoying that while it lasts.
9. He says that he wants to either be an Artist or a rollerblading instructor when he grows up.  He's very good at both!
10. He is a great big brother.  He is generally very kind and includes his sister.  They have very different interests but I just love listening to them giggle together.  He is her resident protector from all bugs, except maybe wasps which he has a huge fear of after a few stings last summer. 

Love this kid! 

No comments: