Monday, June 13, 2011

Happy 3rd Birthday Eli

We celebrated Eli's 3rd birthday this weekend with a pirate themed party.  He had loads of fun with family and friends.  This year he really understood what happens at a birthday party.   I had fun planning his birthday and seeing him enjoy it!

In keeping with tradition, here are 10 things about Eli at 3 years old:
1. He's quite a ham, making funny faces, saying funny things just to get a laugh and he talks all day long.

2. He loves to run, jump, kick the ball - any physical activity is always a hit.

3. He knows his alphabet and can recognize most letters, except for l, when he sees an l in a word he calls it a one, so the word hello would be "h-e- two one's-o".  As much as I try to explain to him that it's an l he does not believe me and insists that it's a number one.

4. He is drawn to the bad guys.  He loves to be Darth Vader and points out the bad guys on TV and in movies.  When he pretends, he always is the bad guy and makes one of us be the good guy.

5. His favorite toy is his sandbox and loves moving all the sand around with his excavator.

6. He doesn't like to be alone and says he is scared when he is. 

7. Eli loves to dress up.  He'll be anyone from Darth Vader to Rapunzel.

8. Wresting with his Dad is one his most favorite things.  He has mastered the atomic bum drop, leg lock and splashing for the 1-2-3 count.  He has to win and is a very sore loser.

9. He still pretty much ignores Hana but does pretend to be her alot.  He wants to have the same attention as her.  He can be protective of her though if someone else wants to hold or is looking at her.  He does like helping to teach her things, like waving and standing but always points out how much bigger he is than her.

10. He's starting to pick up on other people's emotions. He asks why other people are sad, crying or scared.  Today I sighed about something and he asked me why I was frustrated - which I was!  I didn't even know that he knew that word but I was glad that he at least noticed.

Happy 3rd Birthday to you Eli, I'm excited to see what this year will bring.

No comments: