Monday, February 16, 2009

Going Green

B and I have been inspired by my mom. Their family has made a conscious effort to eat more vegetables, something that I know we need to do. So, as an experiment, and an effort to be more healthy, B and I are going vegetarian for the month of March. Not totally vegetarian, we're keeping fish on the menu since I get hardcore sushi cravings. It was so torturous not to eat sushi when I was pregnant that I don't see how I could possibly go without it since I'm not. If anyone has any good vegetarian recipies, or websites, I'd love the info.





Valentines day started out with pink heart shaped pancakes. They were delicious. In the evening, Mom, Michael and Ellen came over and watched Eli while we went out for dinner. We went to the zoo's In the Heat of the Night event. It was a nice dinner followed by a talk on "critter romance". The speakers were very interesting, some more than others, but let's just say I now know more about animal mating and anatomy than I ever wanted to. It was fun to get out and do something different than a resteraunt.

Today, Jacqueline, Kyle and Kosmo came over and B and I got to go out again! We headed to a movie and saw Coraline in 3D. It was a fun movie, the animation was great, but there were lots of kids there and it was quite scary. The 3D was pretty neat, I'm always amazed at how realistic the animated movies have gotten.

Thanks to everyone for coming to watch Eli and giving us a chance to get out. We totally enjoyed it.


Eli has started to pull himself up and stand. He just learned to crawl, and he's already wanting to stand. Today Brent turned around in the basement, and Eli was standing leaning with his back against the TV - not holding onto anything. Amazing!




Here's Eli today with Auntie Jacqueline and Uncle Kyle:


And some fun with Dad. It's hard to hear Eli's belly laughs since we are all laughing. He loves to bounce like this! He loves all things jiggly and fast. I can't wait to get him into a swing at the park. He's so much fun these days, 8 months is as very fun age.

6 comments:

Louie said...

Eli's going to be walking soon!
I couldn't give up on sushi either..... yes, it was hard enough while pregnant!

Jilly said...

How could you NOT smile watching that video!! What a doll!
Have you looked at the deceptively delicious cookbook? That might be an idea to cook meals with extra veggies!!!

Penny Tutt said...

Love the video, at the end he was rocking like he was ready for more!

Penny Tutt said...

Love the video, at the end he was rocking like he was ready for more!

Anonymous said...

It's crazy how he went from crawling to standing so quickly! And I love how his pants are falling down in the pic of him standing.

Morgan said...

He is too cute! Our friends have that little piano and their daughter started standing holding onto it too! Does he play you lots of "songs"? Love the video of him laughing! What a cutie!