Sometimes I think that Brent and I were destined to meet eachother. There have just been too many wierd coincidences and connections between people we know. Especially considering that we went to different schools and university/college. Our lines of work are completley different.
First of all, we grew up about 2 blocks away from eachother in the same neighborhood. We knew the same kid Robbie down the street. We were in the same grade and I used to walk by Brent's house on my way to school. We played at the same little playground - yet we never met (that we can remember!)
When I was in University, I met Cynthia. She was the first person I met at U of A. One day in class were were talking about high school crushes. She was describing the guy she had a big crush on in high school (or was it jr. high?). He sounded so familliar. Turns out, he was Brent's roommate at the time. We laughed so hard when we figured that out.
Another example, I met my friend Jolene on a well completions course in Houston. We went for margaritas one night and figured out that her boyfriend (now fiance) Jon was on the same hockey team as Brent. We're heading to their wedding this summer!
Another one. Brent's dad's partner Margaret has a daugher, Janice. Janice is friends with Shannon. Shannon and I worked at ConocoPhillips together.
And another. Brent and I actually did meet through a mutual friend - Ken Jeffries. I worked with Lynn Jeffries at Conocophillips. Lynn is Ken's dad, Ken and Brent went to highschool together.
And the list goes on. I guess it was meant to be!
No comments:
Post a Comment