Thursday, January 1, 2009

The Christmas post

We had a wonderful Christmas this year. Eli's first and it was very special. We had four, yes..four Christmas celebrations.

The first was at Jim and Margarets. I wasn't able to go, but Brent and Eli did. It looks like they had lots of fun. Santa was even there!

 

Brent and Eli in front of the big beautiful tree

 

Baba Marie and her 2 great grandchildren

 

The babies!

 

Santa making himself comfortable

The next day we hosted Christmas dinner for my mom's side of the family. We cooked a ham that I must say was rather delicious. My Aunt Eileen brought the delicious Christmas pudding. I think I look forward to that dessert all year.


 

The guys playing an intense game of Carcasonne.

 

The kids playing the Wii - it got lots of use this year!

 

Jacqueline and Kyle having a game of pool on our new table. (Thanks Dad!)

Christmas morning we opened Santa's gifts at home then went over to Nancy's for breakfast and Coffee and Baileys (YUM!). We all got so spoiled. Especially me since I got 2 spa gift certificates. I LOVE the spa. Ahhhhhhhh.

 

Brent and his new dad stocking.

 

Eli opening gifts from Grandma K - including his new chapeau.

 

Fun new present from mom and dad.

That night we hosted Brent's mom's side of the family. It was a big get together but SO much fun (as always). It's potluck style, so we made the same ham we test drove the weekend before. There was a tonne of food! We stayed up until the wee hours playing games.
 

Eli all dressed up in his suit from Great Grandma Dolly.

 

A glimpse of what 31 people in our house at dinner time looks like!

 

The cutest Mrs.Clause you've ever seen.

We also were treated to dinner at my dad's. Angel and Dad cooked the entire meal themselves. It was awesome. The peach melba dessert was a nice change from tradition and was even spiked. Thanks Dad and Angel!
 

Dad and Angel putting the finishing touches on dessert.

 

The beautiful dinner table.

Phew....and that was the condensed version of Christmas.

No comments: