Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Busy day...

President Obama was sworn in this morning. What a momentus occasion!! The size of the crowd was incredible. Eli and I watched the ceremony and I took a picture for his baby book. The first of many historical moments in Eli's life!

 


Then I headed downtown to meet with a head hunter. I've been putting of meetings downtown as much as possible. It's just so much less convienient when you are not down there every day. And parking...$16 for 2 hours. Seriously. So, I try to limit my visits. My job search has officially begun, but is slow right now. Just my luck the price of oil takes a nose dive while I'm off on maternity leave. Honestly though, if Brent and I are off together for a while (he's taking parental leave starting in March) that would be a-ok with me - just not too long.

Then this evening was cake class. I have a new appreciation for how much work goes into making a cake. Between baking the cake, making the icing, coloring the icing, planning your decorations, filling the icing bags and cleaning up it's very time consuming. I enjoy it though. This first picture is Cynthia's cake on the left and mine on the right. Mine is in honor of Kosmo, my sister's new dog.
 


 

Cyn's cake looked just like the photo. I loved all the little dots on the side.

 

My cake was not as professional but I admit I didn't put too much time into the base icing. It was bailey's icing though...so hopefully that makes up for any lack in decorating. :)

1 comment:

Astrid said...

When Kids CBC turned to inauguration coverage - Matt turned to me and said "I don't like this TV - let's watch treehouse!".