Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Home sweet Home

We're back from California and survived a trip with the fam (all 13 of them!). It was a busy week between Disneyland, Universal Studios, Sea World and a tour of Los Angeles. I went on quite a few rides, although no rollercoasters or ones with big drops. I think it's impossible not to have fun at Disneyland, even if you are 6 months pregnant. I found the warning signs on the rides to be overly cautious for sure. I also must have done the "restroom tour of Disneyland" since I think I was standing in line in the bathroom as often as I was standing in line for a ride!!

I love the landscaping in Anaheim and Disney. Everything is so perfect and they can grow such neat plants! I almost went into Botany instead of geology, I still love plants even though I really don't know anything about them.

One thing that I really noticed was how good the service was. I hadn't realized how accustomed to bad service and waiting in resteraunts I had become here in Calgary. Down there, we didn't have to wait to get our drinks, or wait for the bill. The food was so good, and the service was amazing. That's how it should be! There were no help wanted signs in the windows. It was a refreshing change.

Here are some photo's from the trip:

Frozen Chocolate Covered Bananas. YUM.



The gang outside of the Pirates Adventure Dinner:


Set from War of the Worlds movie at Universal Studios. It was so cool!


The Budweiser Clydesdales. They live at Sea World SanDiego. They were beautiful and gigantic!


One of the many stroller parkinglots at Disneyland:


Beluga whale at Sea World. I hadn't ever seen one before.


Ugly but cute?


I don't recommend buying resort property here:

No comments: