You see that little jogging counter on the right hand side of my blog? It's been inactive for a long long time, with good reason of course (although maybe not the entire time). I never took it down because I wanted the reminder that yes, I used to run and heck, I ran 10 K!
This week I hopped back on the running bandwagon. It felt great. This time instead of distance my focus is on my speed. With 2 little kids, I just don't have the luxury of long slow runs anymore. I'm doing the couch to 5 K program which takes you from lazy bones to 5K in 9 weeks and you can download podcasts from itunes for free. After that, I'll stick with the 5K and just try to increase my speed. Brent has even started the program and we are heading out for our first run together today! Last time he was plagued with shin splints so hopefully he can stick with it this time around. I prefer to run without the kids but when that's not an option, I'll push Hana in the stroller, and Brent will push Eli in the chariot. He's got the much harder job, I think Eli is 33 lbs now. Wish me luck!
No comments:
Post a Comment