Sunday, March 14, 2010

Phew!!

We have had quite the week around here. We decided a few months ago to sell our house. I know, I know...we did ALL that work. However, after weighing all of our options, moving meant me being able to stay home with our family for longer which is important to us. We'll be sad to say goodbye to this place, but I know our next house will be a home in no time at all.

I think we may have gone through one of the fastest house sales ever. Our realtor listed the house last Friday at 11am, and we had an offer by 3pm! We took the offer and conditions officially came off this past Friday. I was so happy to not have to show our house for very long. It's a lot of work to keep this place show home clean with a busy, messy toddler around.

Also, we found our new house! We went house shopping this past Friday, and found "the one". We were not expecting to find it on our first day out looking, but when you know, you KNOW. It's in McKenzie Towne, so a new neighborhood which will be an adjustment for all of us (including our families). It's a 2 story vs a bungalow (our house now) and has a finished basement and all the landscaping is done ( but needs some fine tuning by Brent). It's on a very pretty street and there are tonnes of amenities around us. I'm looking forward to the house, and feeling a little nervous about the change in neighborhood. Brent and I have both grown up in our little bubble of the SE/SW so this is all new to us. Best of all, this house needs zero work, we don't even have to paint if we don't want to. Plus, it came with a hot tub!Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Here are a couple of pictures of the main floor of our new place

I've always wanted a front porch

The living room is bigger than what we have now

Lots of cabinet space and a window overlooking the back yard. Also, spot for the wine - important!

Dining area with windows on all sides. Can see the fire pit and garage in back.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Jen, this is so exciting. You are going to be my neighbour! I am sure you guys will love it, especially little Eli. Please let me know if you ever want to take a walk with the dogs, I would love to see you again.
Erma

Unknown said...

Hi Jen, congrats on your new house, you guys will love it, especially little Eli. You guys will be my neighbours, so if you ever want to go for a walk with the dogs just let me know. I would love to see you again.

Erma

Astrid said...

AWESOME!!!!

cynful said...

Looks great! Can't wait to see it in person :)

Morgan said...

I love it! We grew up in the SW bubble and thought we would really regret moving to the deep south east, but we love it! It is so nice to have so many young families around. I only wish we had as many places to walk to as you will have in McKenzie Towne - I just love that neighbourhood!

Congratulations :) The house is gorgeous too - I love that style.

Unknown said...

Your new place is beautiful! I am sure you all will be very happy there :)

sharmilla said...

I'm a born and raised North-sider, but I ADORE Mckenzie Town! The new place looks like a wonderful home for a family, but I know how moving is always bittersweet.