Over the past few years, Brent and I have become very familiar with our local hardware stores. After shopping at all of them, Rona has become our least favorite. We actually avoid going there whenever possible. Unfortunately for us, it's the closest to our house, and when you have a small child, sometimes convenience over rules.
Last year we replaced our BBQ, Brent's patio caddy finally gave out and he treated himself to the BBQ of his choice. (We did not buy it at Rona). The other day, we stopped in at Rona, and they had our BBQ on display. Now it comes in fancy new colors, I guess that's the new thing in BBQ's! Brent opened up the grill of our model and inside was a note from an obviously disgruntled customer. It read:
Last Year's Price: $899
This Year's Price: $1099
RONA'S RECESSION GIFT TO YOU!!!!!!!
We had a chuckle, and could relate to how that person felt. Brent shut the lid and left the note for the next person to find.
The next day, Brent went back to return something (not a fun process at Rona). They had lifted the tops of all of their display BBQ's so that people could see the inside. Being as smart as they are, they left the note there, now on display for everyone to read!! This just confirms how ridiculous this store is...yet, I'm sorry to say that I'm sure we'll go back.
No comments:
Post a Comment