Monday, June 1, 2009

Sod day!

I am very behind on my landscaping posts. Brent has been working like a madman on the yard and he's doing an amazing job. He's my superhero! - with a tan I might add, even a farmer tan is pretty good for May. The new fence is in (just waiting on gates), yard is cleared out, rototilled and graded, dog run is built and filled with rocks, deck base is built, benches are started, stairs are in, trees are planted and tomorrow is sod day. Phew!!!!!!

We decided on an Ohio Buckeye tree for the front, and a maple and lilac for the back. I'm very happy with our choices. We went to Beaver Dam nursery and it was excellent. It's just outside of Okotoks. They were very helpful, had everything we wanted (in pots) and the prices were great. The lilac that we wanted at Spruce it up was $175 on sale for $115, and we got it at Beaver Dam for $78. Pretty good.

I don't want to post pictures until everything is done, but here is a sneak peak at the fence before and after.



No comments: