That is a pretty general statement, but if you ask a geologist, most of the time it's true. I am a prime example it.
We are having our fireplace, backspash and back landing tiled. I measured everything, and triple checked my measurements. I ordered the tile, and everything was great, or so I thought. The tiler started working, and low and behold I needed an extra box of the fireplace tile. So, I ordered an extra box. While I was at it, I remeasured the back landing, and decided to order an extra box of that tile too. (Trying to be proactive).
That extra tile came in, and the tiler continued working away. Today, I find out we need another box of each one! Now, I admit, my math is bad, but wow...I must have been way off. I even factored in 10% for waste. I guess I chose the right profession if I'm this bad at math. I should have gotten my dad (an engineer) to confirm my measurements!
So, the moral of the story is, the tiling is not done yet. I'll post pictures as soon as it is!
(On a side note, I think tilers must be bad at math too. The one that did our first bathroom tile quote must have miscalculated by a few decimal places. I hope it was a mistake!)
No comments:
Post a Comment