Tuesday, April 24, 2007

You know you are in Houston when....

1. You order a salad and there is more meat than lettuce in it
2. You ask for your salad dressing on the side, and it arrives both on top and extra on the side
3. Your hotel shuttle does not operate between the hours of 4-7 due to traffic

I had forgotten how much Texas accents urk me....for some reason, I have a hard time believing anything anyone with a Texas accent says to me.

My course is S..L..O..W . Perhaps it is because it is an engineering course. So far there are lots of formulas, and stories that I think are supposed to be funny, but they must be engineering jokes, because I don't get them at all! I am getting bitter at all of the people who puff themselves up by telling stores of their experiences. Not really to tell the story for educational value, but to impress everyone with the fact that they worked in __________ (insert exotic dangerous location here).

Ahhhh...I need to go shopping to relieve some frustration. And perhaps get an ice cream.

2 comments:

Astrid said...

And the dressing on the side comes in a bowl (No surprize that people are as big as they are)! I definitely found Houstonites in the oil patch to be the same ... blah blah blah I am so important blah blah blah ... I believe I spent some quality retail therapy hours in the Galleria! Glad i'm not the only one who felt that way!

Anonymous said...

Jen & Brent:
Just got caught on the goings on your reno; very impressive.

Jen:
Got a kick out of your long-winded story tellers. I've suffered throught them myself and vowed not to do that myself when I was a trainer. But that's another story...

Take care,
Clayton