Sunday, April 22, 2007

Goodbye Calgary, Hello Houston

I'm leaving for Houston today. I am taking a week long Well Completions course by PetroSkills. So, no blog posts for at least a week.

I am 99% finished painting (yay!) just a few touch ups left. Brent and Jim mapped out the electrical, and changed the garage and back door locks. Jim hung our new house number which is such an improvement over the old gold numbers.

I am hoping to come home from my trip to no more wires hanging from our ceiling. That would be so great. We'll see. Brent has scheduled a LAN* party for while I am away. Which usually means that the entire weekend is a write off due to the lan itself and Brent sleeping afterwards.

I'm looking forward to some nice hot weather in Houston, since Calgary's Spring is taking it's sweet time!

* I'm not sure what LAN stands for (perhaps Local Area Network?) but basically, a bunch of computer nerds come over and they all hook their computers together and play video games against eachother for at least 12 hours straight, in the dark, eating nothing but junk food.

No comments: