I really like this garage door:

But I think in this style instead of the diagonal:

Do you think it would look good on our house?? I think I am afraid that it is the wrong style of door for the house. The more traditional doors everyone else has in the neighborhood are pretty boring. I would like something a little different. Leave me a comment, I need some feedback!!!
Here is the house:


Here is my artists rendition. Please ignore the colors...that is a whole other ballgame of decisions!
2 comments:
I think you go with what you like and then design around it, you have to start somewhere. If you like the door - which I love as it has more lines than the avergae run of the mill 1960's bungalow, but isn't too architectuarlly extreme that it doesn't go with the house ... go for it and then change the rest of the facade when you get the chance to match it - thinking long term here! If the details are just painted you could go monocromatic now to blend in and then paint them later when/if you change anything else ...
I think that door would look nice if it was all the same colour.
Jacqueline
Post a Comment