Saturday, March 10, 2007

Time flies when you are having fun...

We got the house and it survived Brian's stag. Alot better than some of the guys did by the sounds of it. The result is that we have enough beer and pop left over I think we are stocked up for at least 6 months. Burdine's stagette was a blast, she looked hilarious in the outfit we chose for her. I'm glad she had such a good time (I did too!).

Brent and I have been so busy between appointments and shopping and working in the house. Doug, the kitchen designer came over and shocked us with his design idea. We were originally planning on removing one wall (between the kitchen and dining room) and the new plan we will be removing 3.5 walls. After his ideas sunk it, we loved them!! My dad came over a couple times to help Brent determine if the walls were structural, and luckily they arn't.(THANKS DAD!) Now it will be one open space between the kitchen and living area.

I met with Melinda, the interior designer and chose paint colors. We picked greens for the main level with an accent of this grey/brown color. And the basement is more tan and brown since we had to work with the existing carpet down there.

The plan for this weekend is to pick up the new subfloor, remove all of the carpet, take down the kitchen cupboards and perhaps get at least one wall down. We already have gotten rid of all the easy stuff like baseboards and interior doors and the nasty curtains. They must have been there since 1975 because the amount of dust in those curtains was disgusting. How the old owners lived with those..I can't understand.

Our new interior doors:





More photo's to come!

No comments: