Friday, November 13, 2009

Oh la la!

My dad turned 60 last weekend (hope I'm allowed to publish that on the internet!). We are celebrating tomorrow night. Brent is making his killer secret recipe ribs which we only get a few times per year. Jacqueline and Kyle are bringing the sides and I'm in charge of dessert. I was totally stumped as to what to make. However, thanks to Morgan for blogging about FoodGawker I had a tonne of inspiration. I decided to make this amazing looking Mile High Lemon Brown Sugar Meringue Pie. It was super easy, fun, and looks amazing. I can't wait for Dad to taste it!!




3 comments:

Cynthia said...

Wow - pie looks great! I don't think I want to know how many egg whites that took ;)
My mom's celebrating 60 tomorrow too!

Morgan said...

That looks delish! Isn't Foodgawker the best? Not good when you are huge and pregnant and hungry all the time though! :)

Astrid said...

That is so awesome, I never thought of using a torch to do the meringue ... mine always weeps, I just thought that always happened!