My running clinic has started - finally! We ran 6 K our first class which I thought was rather lofty since it's only a 10K clinic. Running more than half the distance seemed like a bit much to start off with. Oh well, it's pushed me to keep up with the group which is not a bad thing right?
I'm happy to report that I have found my route. I discovered a pathway that goes all along Fishcreek. It's beautiful and I don't even have to drive anywhere to get there. I definatley enjoy running in the evening. It's cooler, the sun is not as bright, and it's the time of day I need a break the most. Also, music is of paramount importance. I don't know how people run without music. I get the whole wanting to be alone with your thoughts and all, but music just makes it so much easier. On the topic of music, my ear holes must be abnormally shaped because I can not find a pair of ear buds that fit me. I'm on my 4th set, and no luck. If anyone knows of a great pair of ear buds that stay in, I would love to know about them!! And lastly, although I'm not a fan of tight clothing these days, I admit, they are way more comfortable to run in than my baggy sweats.
2 comments:
Good for you for the running! And ear buds hurt my ears too....
Jen-Great blog!
Those ear buds are not made to run with--unless you wear a headband or something! I run with a pair of Sony sport ones that go over my head, it's the only way! trust me--I know!
Keep up the great running, the sweat and miles now will pay off, soon you'll love/need to run!
Lisa
Post a Comment