Friday, March 13, 2009

So cool

I've started running again. I'm hesitant to post this because I've started running plenty of times and it never seems to stick. I used to run in University and loved it. It was the best stress relief during school and I had the prettiest route along the river valley and through the parliament building. Once I started working it was suddenly harder to find the time and motivation to go. I've tried getting back into it a handful of times, with Brent, with friends - each time not sticking to it. I've learned that I can't run with Brent since he's so much faster than me. I'm a jogger more than a runner. This is my last ditch effort to shed these baby pounds since Eli's birthday is suddenly right around the corner.

Another mom from Eli's music class asked me to join her in a running room 10K clinic. She is super fit, so I'm probably crazy for doing it, but I signed up. My only condition was that she doesn't run with me, again, I am slow :) Our goal race is the loops for the troops race on June 15th.

I bought the nike+ Ipod sensor and it's sooooo cool. It tracks your runs, talks to you and tells you your progress and everything is tracked on the Nike website. I love it. If the 10K course, running partner, and new gadget doesn't help to keep me motivated, I don't know what will! Check out my progress on the right hand side of the blog.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Really proud of you honey! You can do it!!!

[end geek]

Louie said...

Way to go Jen!
:)