Monday, May 19, 2008

Nursery Pics

I have had SO much fun decorating the nursery. It's not totally done but I do love it. It's our favorite animal theme...puppies!

My recycled curtains. We had these from the townhouse and I almost threw them out. I added the blue stripe and voila..good as new!


Another view, check out the lazy boy. It's so comfortable!! (and poo brown too...perfect for diaper explosions)



We will put the baby's name above the crib (once it's decided for sure). I found a website that has some fun custom vinyl names, Vinyl Attraction , all I have to do is pick out the colors.....and we need to agree on what to name this kid. That is proving to be the hard part.


Crib close up - I'll have to take off the bumper pads one baby is here. But for now, they are staying put. At least I can enjoy them for a little while.


The welcoming comittee (thanks Mom!!!) Can you spot the intruder?


Dog art, from Art.com


We found a use for Brent's old dresser. Some new knobs totally made it cute again! (It was missing a few knobs to begin with). I've hired a photographer, Ashley Skjaveland Photography to come to the house and take some newborn pictures. I LOVE her pictures. I plan on putting one above the dresser to fill that space and put up some Paul and Winston photos too. We can't forget them!




Dog bum hooks from Ikea...and some paw prints to finish it off.


I'm already thinking of how to decorate the play room in the basement. I guess I've got a few years to come up with the perfect design.

I hope the ultrasound tech was right because if this baby pops out a girl, I hope she likes blue !?!?!

(I'll have to ask Astrid how to make the links pop up in a new window....I have no clue how to do that!)

4 comments:

Jilly said...

The nursery looks amazing Jen! Awesome job! Another idea for letters spelling out the name on the wall - we used the letters from Urban Barn to spell Charlotte's name on her bedroom wall! Gets a bit pricey with a long name but totally worth it I think!

Astrid said...

SOOO Cute. Will send you a note with an explanation on how to have then pop up in a new window...

Louie said...

Love it!! Baby Chmilar is going to love his room... I knew it was a boy...
;)

Morgan said...

The nursery looks great! I love the colours and the puppy theme! Can't wait to see the newborn pictures :)