On the basement front, the framer starts on Thursday morning and drywalling begins next week. Ack!?! That means we have a busy weekend ahead of us. My job is to remove the thousands of nails that were holding up the wood pannelling. I shouldn't complain though, Brent has to do the electrical and insulation and painting and flooring. I have a good excuse though :)
Here's a pic of the cork flooring we are probably going to use:

In shopping for cork flooring we learned you really get what you pay for. The less expensive stuff scratches much easier because it doesn't have as good of a sealant on it. If you choose a stained color of the less expensive kind, it will chip and show the original color under it. So, we comprimised and we are getting the cork I want in the bar/fireplace area and putting laminate in Brent's work out area and the bedroom.
I didn't want any laminate in this house, BUT if I want that cork we needed to cut costs somewhere. Plus laminte has come a long way since we put it in the townhouse. There are so many more varieties now, and really...for a basement, it makes sense.
No comments:
Post a Comment