Sunday, January 27, 2008

Main Bathroom

Here are the latest main bath pictures. It's really hard to get good shots since it's such a small room. I'm loving the heated floor in this cold weather. Nothing like warm toes when you are ...well you know.

I still have not tried out the shower since we are waiting on the final spout for the tub. Right now, if you were to take a shower the tub spout would shoot off and water would spray everywhere. Brent is not happy with the tub skirt since it squeeks and wants to tile the skirt area instead. That's about #1432 on my priority list at the moment!

BEFORE:



AFTER:

View from the hallway, hmmm, the shower bar is crooked.


Tile detail:


Floor tile:


Vanity:


Vanity backsplash detail:


Vanity - hard to see


My secret drawer:



As for the ensuite bathroom, we are just waiting on the shower glass door. I haven't posted any pics of that bathroom so you'll just get to see the final result. We have also decided to drywall the basement before our bundle of joy arrives. It's such a dusty job we'd rather have it done before. We have been scheduled in for April with the drywaller so that gives Brent a few months to get his electrical and insulation in. I'll be sure to take some before pictures. The carpet down there is nasty (stains and cigarette burns) so I'm excited to get that replaced.

On the non reno front, we are going to Disneyland in February. I'm looking forward to escaping winter for a week. My mom, Michael and Ellen have agreed to watch the boys for us (Paul and Winston) which we really appreciate. THANKS MOM! I hope I can last a whole day of walking around the park, but if not, our hotel is pretty close by for naps.

I had coffee with the "coffee girls" that I worked with at Conoco this morning. It was great to see you girls!!! I think I'm going to have to join them more often. Especially when I'm off work ;)

2 comments:

Astrid said...

It was great to see you too! (and your growing bump!). Love the bathroom. I meant to ask if you were happy with your designer? We need to do a bathroom reno and I may need help on the design front.

I think the "after" picture is missing?

Anonymous said...

The main bathroom looks awesome. Can't wait to see it.
Dee